UI Artist (Contract)
Are you a talented freelance UI Artist looking to have a deep and meaningful impact on gorgeous player interfaces across multiple platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, and XR)? Are you ready to join a team that gives you the freedom to be your most creative self, all while working from wherever you choose to call home?
Founded by games industry veterans, we integrate deeply into our developer and publisher partner teams, giving you the opportunity to work side by side with some of the best people and projects in the industry.
We are a fun group that has a welcoming, respectful, “no-crunch” culture. We build great partnerships with our clients and our teammates. Interested? Join us at UX is Fine!
- Work closely with clients, internal UXers, and creative directors to ensure all usability and experiential goals are achieved while providing a visual design that’s in tune with the game’s overall style
- Design and develop icons, widgets, full-screen menu layouts, and immersive overlays and HUDS that read well at multiple scales
- Engage in critiques and polish work based on feedback from team members and product stakeholders
- Follow, update, and create style guides
- Export engine-ready multi-resolution assets and ensure the artistic vision is maintained in-game
- Portfolio showcasing your design work. Include at least two projects related to UI or interaction design
- Gaming is a part of your life. You have a deep fascination with games, however you might define them (e..g, card, board, mobile, PC, Console, XR…)
- Visual design skills that demonstrate an eye for layout, composition and interaction
- A keen eye for typography and layout hierarchy
- Savvy with Photoshop, Illustrator, and other industry tools
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
Other skills you might have that we should consider
- Concept, illustration, or fine traditional fine art skills
- Skilled at developing logos, branding, and identity guidelines
- Ability to create animated motion-comps and develop interactive prototypes
- Experience with 3D packages and concepts, including materials and node graphs
- Proficiency with Figma, XD, InVision, or other UX and prototyping tools
- Experience with Unreal’s UMG/Slate framework
- Experience implementing UI graphics within Unity
UX is Fine! supports a diverse and inclusive workforce where people can do their best work with awesome and welcoming teammates.
We offer remote work. While our core hours are currently US (or close) time zones, we are looking to recruit talent in various time zones around the world to help us maintain our global clientele.
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.