Senior/Lead UI Artist (Contract)
Are you a talented well-versed, Senior/Lead UI Artist looking to have a deep and meaningful impact on gorgeous player interfaces across multiple platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, and XR)? Are you ready to join a team that gives you the freedom to be your most creative self, all while working from wherever you choose to call home?
Founded by games industry veterans, we integrate deeply into our developer and publisher partner teams, giving you the opportunity to work side by side with some of the best people and projects in the industry.
We are a fun group that has a welcoming, respectful, “no-crunch” culture. We build great partnerships with our clients and our teammates. Interested? Join us at UX is Fine!
The Senior/Lead UI/UX Designer is primarily responsible for steering the design and graphic production of menus and interfaces for video games.
They must create graphical menu user interfaces which will convey the relevant information required to guide the player and improve the total overall player experience.
This person will work closely with art directors and other artists, UXers and UI artists, and key craftspeople like game designers and programmers.
- Work closely with the Art Director, UI artists, UXers, and clients to ensure all usability and experiential goals are achieved while providing a visual design in sync with the game’s overall style
- Work with the Art Director and client team to help plan and manage the UI design process and outputs
- Design and develop icons, widgets, full-screen menu layouts, and immersive overlays and HUDS that read well at multiple scales
- Lead critiques and polish work based on feedback from team members and stakeholders
- Portfolio showcasing significant project leadership and design work. Include at least two projects demonstrating a strong sense of UI and/or interaction design
- Gaming is a part of your life. You have a deep fascination with games, however you might define them (e..g, card, board, mobile, PC, Console, XR…)
- Ability to manage time and priorities across multiple projects in an efficient manner
- Good visual and written communication skills and the ability to deliver and receive constructive criticism
- Visual design skills that showcase a keen eye for composition, layout, and interaction considerations
- A keen eye for setting typography and working with fonts for typography and layout hierarchy
- Ability to create iconography in different styles that read well at multiple scales
- Ability to create and curate and document style guides
- Expert proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and other industry tools
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
Other skills you might have that we should consider
- Concept, illustration, or fine traditional fine art skills
- Skilled at developing logos, branding, and identity guidelines
- Ability to create animated motion-comps and develop interactive prototypes
- Experience with 3D packages and concepts, including materials and node graphs
- Proficiency with Figma, XD, InVision, or other UX and prototyping tools
- Experience with Unreal’s UMG/Slate framework
- Experience implementing UI graphics within Unity
UX is Fine! supports a diverse and inclusive workforce where people can do their best work with awesome and welcoming teammates.
We offer remote work. While our core hours are currently US (or close) time zones, we are looking to recruit talent in various time zones around the world to help us maintain our global clientele.
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.