Senior UX Designer (Contract)
Senior UX Designer
Sr. UX Designer
UXisFine! is the champion for UX and intention in design in game development. Founded by games industry veterans, we integrate deeply into our partner teams, giving you the opportunity to work side by side with some of the best developers and publishers in the industry.
UXisFine! can provide you the opportunity to finally do UX the right way. Here we push the envelope of game developers’ perspective on UX and leverage tools like emotional motivators, personas, journey maps, and more – we don’t just wireframe (though we do plenty of that), we get to know the exact point of intersection between product and user goals. Game development is hungry for the unique perspective we offer.
In order to deliver on our promise, we need more great UXers to support our mission of bringing incredible game experiences to life across all platforms and audiences, while pushing the envelope of UX as a craft.
Join us to uplevel game dev.
Your Mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Champion UX, evangelize best practices, make awesome games
- Leverage UX design tools supports client business and creative goals
- Facilitate workshops, deliver high quality artifacts, and craft a AAA game experience.
- Support a positive and diverse team by mentoring and modeling
- Establish high standards of documentation and artifact generation (wireframes, pre-visualization prototypes, full play-through flows & walk-throughs, mock-ups and design documentation for the team)
- Provide expert analysis, get the most out of user research, and drive feedback into game
- Deconstruct competitor games to deeply understand gaps and opportunities
- Been a Senior or Mid level UX Designer on multiple AAA console, PC, or mobile titles – published is a plus. OR have a proven track record of UX roles prior to joining the games industry
- Have a deep understanding of how games work, why they succeed or fail, and how to translate that knowledge into creating the best player experience possible
- Practiced at leadership by example, push pain upward, nurture internal team members as they dream and grow
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Work well in a fluid and often changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Have a deep love of games and a desire to understand the broad range of experiences players are looking for to satisfy their gaming needs.
- Prior experience mentoring Designers
- Documented User Experience through Case Studies
- Strong mix of empathetic and analytical thinking
- A solid portfolio of UX work and process breakdown
We strongly encourage diverse candidates. UX is Fine! welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
We offer remote work and while our immediate needs are for folks in US (or close) time zones, we will also need a mix of contractors in various time zones around the world to help us maintain our global clientele.
Please provide a cover letter to explain your interest in this position and why you’d be a great fit.